Carnival Birthday Party
Another budget birthday party idea from The Budget Diet girl! A carnival birthday party works for most any age and can be done both indoors & out! Here are the ingredients for success:
Carnival Booth Ideas:
The key to keeping this a budget birthday party is to use things you have. Take a walk around your house, and I'm sure you'll come up with all sorts of carnival booth ideas! These are some of the booths I used for my son's 4 year old birthday party & my daughter's 8 year old birthday party.
– Basketball Throw – if you have a basketball goal, use it!
– Pie in the Face – pie tins, whipped cream & willing volunteer!
– Wet Sponge Toss – just like pie in the face, but it's a wet sponge!
– Golf – if you have a putter & a golf ball…let the children try to putt into a plastic cup! This works best indoors on carpet.
– Guess Your Weight – pull out your bathroom scale, the children guess their own weight & then stand on the scale.
– Fortune Teller – have a friend or family member dress up like a fortune teller (scarves, lots of jewelry) & tell fortunes.
– Fish Pond – keep it simple, use a toy fishing pole & attach the prize with a clothes pin!
– Penny Drop – put a shot glass inside of a big glass bowl, fill it with water & the children try to drop a penny into the shot glass!
– Hula Hoop
– Face Painting
– Concession Stand – popcorn & sodas
A short name given to a period in which celebration takes place, or in other words the term 'Carnival' refers to a festive season that starts just before the fasting days of Lent. The season starts from January 6 (the 12th day of Christmas) and ends on Mardi Gras day in February. Carnival normally combines different festivity or parade events with street parties, circus and mask. People usually wear colorful and exotic clothing or masquerade during the course of celebrations, representing a frantic aspect of life.
To Enhance Economy
The carnival season do have some economic motives which one cannot deny. It is quite an understandable thing that cities where these festivals are held get an economic prosperity.
The carnival festival is also a way to promote the culture of the local population. The exotic dresses, parades, dances and floats all represent the cultural antiquity of the locals.
Mardi Gras is also known as 'Fat Tuesday' in the history – a symbol used for its religious background. Churches, during the middle Ages, declared that it will be the final day right before the start of the Lent.
Toddler Activities That You Can Enjoy
That is correct moms!! You will enjoy these Toddler activities. I am the queen of finding fun things to do with my toddler, for free. There is nothing wrong with doing activities that cost from time to time. However, if you are a stay at home mom you will soon see how quickly certain activities can add up. I decided to really make it fun to save me and my husband money. So I have compiled a few activities to share with you. I do these activities with my toddler and he loves them. Not all of these toddler activities take place at home.
Fun Free Activities you can do at any Park
– Feed the Ducks!!
– Bike Trails!!
– Play on the playgrounds
– Fly a kite!!
– Bat and Ball!!
– Kick Ball
Mechanical Bull and Redneck Games?